Thursday, April 20, 2006

welcome to the working week


A flood, a partial system crash and one perversely satisfying encounter...

Yes. How can I help you Sir?
I don't know what's going on here? Can you explain it to me?

I take a moment to assess the situation.

Well Sir, first things first, do not touch the screen. You have one of three options: one, you take the win, roughly 10,000 credits, we're talkin' 500 dollars or so. Two, you can forfeit the credits and take the mystery prize, could be more, could be less. And three, forfeit the credits and take the 15 bonus spins over. Could be more, could be less. I can't choose for you sir. Again, do not touch the screen until you decide what you want to do.

So what does Sir do?

Hey what's going on here?

Sir it appears that you have inadvertantly touched the screen. Looks like you have selected the mystery prize.

I watch the 10,000 credits evaporate before my eyes. Suspenseful music, flash of lights and voila...

454. What? I don't want that! That's bullshit!

Doh! 454 credits instead of 10,000. Ouch. Snicker, snicker.

I'm sorry Sir, I told you not to touch the screen.
But I didn't!
Uh yes you did Sir.
I want my credits back!
It doesn't work that way Sir.
Let me speak to your manager!

And so I happily radio my supervisor over to explain to the poor chap that basically he fucked up, but as a consolation here's a drink voucher for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that ain't even a good drink, is it? It's some shitty can of Coke or a coffee. Love it!

Miss Kelly said...

What a dumbass.
Drink voucher - that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I bet I'm smarter than you thought, right? That I figured out the whole 67 posts thing so soon. As I said to Bex, if you can't figure out how smart she is then you have no freakin' clue how smart I am. So there.

Anonymous said...

what a dumbass !!!!!